Monday, January 22, 2007

Three Little Monkeys Sittin' on the Couch


Here are the 3 little monkeys sitting on the couch in their p.j.'s. There's hardly room for all 3 of them, but for the sake of the camera, they were happy to crowd in close. Actually, it wasn't my idea. The older two boys were watching something on T.V. and Andrew was "bugging" them. Fortunately, they all smiled when I asked them to! It's nice how much they all love each other.

For those of you who are opposed to seeing naked skin on this blog, don't scroll down any further. I had been promising the boys that when my tummy got bigger, they would be able to draw on it. So yesterday, one of those moments where they were done playing and starting to bug each other arose, so I asked if they would like to draw on Mommy's tummy!" Well, that was more exciting that saying, "Chicken fingers for supper!" and out came the washable markers. I can't tell you all of what they drew, but I do remember that Caleb did write his name twice and drew two navy t-shirts on either side of my tummy and a few pink hearts. Joshua did some of his name, but drew over it with different lines and dots. He was into drawing different colored pieces of "wood" on me. Caleb also draw a bad guy neat the top (brown) and Joshua drew a "girl seatbelt" on him (girl, because it was in "girl colors" - pink & purple).
One more story...I had told the boys about a week or so ago, as we were lounging in the living room, that after we had the baby, that Caleb and Joshua would have to take care of Andrew, because I would be busy with the baby. I said this because they are both good big brothers and often do help with Andrew, and also by putting words in his mouth, which is a whole other story. Well, Caleb didn't really like that suggestion and said that No, he was going to sit on the rocking chair and hold the new baby, and I could take care of Andrew! I hope he won't have issues with going to school after the baby is born.
And we've figured out that Andrew wants to name the baby "Cookie". Hopefully he's not thinking of eating him/her.
Belly Art:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was a good idea letting them draw on the tummy. Did you let them use washable markers or permanent?! ;-)