Thursday, December 18, 2008

Home at Last!

I took this picture the other day on a rare moment when Wyatt had his eyes open and he wasn't yelling to be fed.
The phone we used to call into the NICU to get permission to enter. I won't miss it!
The locked doors to the jail - I mean, NICU.

The sink where I washed my hands many, many, many times. Every time I came into the NICU, I had to undergo a very thorough one-minute hand washing ordeal.
Wyatt one last time in his bassinette. Above, the computer I watched anxiously for the last nearly three weeks as it monitored his resps, heart rate, and oxygen saturation levels.
Getting ready to go home this morning. We were told we would be able to go when we came in at 10:30 am. We got there...and another test had been scheduled for 11:15. This did not surprise me, but we finally got to go at 1:00 pm when Mike was available to pick us up.
Andrew and Natalee were so excited to finally see Wyatt! Natalee can hardly keep her hands off of him. Andrew is happy that Wyatt is home, and probably most happy that I no longer have to come and go all day. As am I!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good documenting! The phone and sink! Seeing those again brought back my memories of using those too :) and :( all at the same time.

Merry Christmas to your WHOLE family, what a wonderful gift to have him home, healthy! Hopefully those cold and flu germs stay away.