Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Waiting...

Wyatt looked so warm and cozy this evening, I couldn't resist taking a picture.

Right now, we are in a holding phase. Wyatt is slowly gaining weight and basically all gavage-fed. The oxygen (nasal prongs) is giving him more energy, so when it's time for his feeds every three hours, he wakes up, although usually not on his own, and demands his food be given NOW! He definitely has a temper! However, as soon as his tummy is full, he is pretty content (unless he has some big burps or needs to spit up a little), and enjoys cuddling sleepily with me while I hold him upright, waiting for his body to digest some his milk, so it doesn't all come out again when he is lying down.

So really nothing is new, but at least we're not moving backwards. Now is the hardest time to be a Mom to a little one in the NICU, because there's nothing I can really do for him besides supply him with milk and give him cuddles when I can. The rest is up to God, as his lungs still need time to heal/mature.


I will probably not be posting any more daily updates unless there is a change in Wyatt's condition, or if I get an especially cute picture of him. I must say he is one lucky boy to be all toasty warm on these very cold December days!

No comments: