Thursday, October 26, 2006

Halloween Sneak Peak


This year, Caleb decided he wanted to be a pirate for Halloween. Actually, this is the first year I've given him the choice! Instead of spending $30 or more on a plastic costume from the store, I decided that we would make our own. Last week, I checked out the local thrift stores for the easy stuff - white shirt, black pants, red scarf for the belt, bandana for the head piece, and an eye patch. Yesterday, I spent about 65 cents on costume jewelry and 75 cents on material to sew a vest. Today, I finished the vest, and I don't know who's more excited for Halloween - Caleb or me!!! We need to make the sword yet, from cardboard & aluminum foil, but the hard part's done already!

The top picture of Joshua is not the costume he'll be making the rounds in next Tuesday. He will be "Larry Boy", thanks to a friend who found a great home-made costume at a garage sale. I just thought he was so cute in this outfit with his little round cheeks!! Andrew will probably be a bumblebee. I'll be sure to post pictures when they're in their full regalia on Halloween!!

NOTE: Andrew's little lip has recovered and is again normal size!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutely love the pirate!!!! Dashing :)

You're right .. look at those cute cheeks in the joker costume!

Anonymous said...

What a dashing good looking Pirate you all got there !!