Monday, October 30, 2006

Preparing for a snowy Halloween





Picture 1 - Caleb carving his pumpkin.
Picture 2 - Andrew in his "bee" costume.
Picture 3 - Andrew enjoying his baby 'boggan.

Here is Caleb's jack-o-lantern on the left - he cut the eyes & nose himself (it took him half an hour, but he did it without complaining!!), I did the mouth for him. And on the right is my design. Joshua tried the carving thing, but it was difficult for such a small boy!! I don't blame him! My back sure is sore after all that! I called the strings hanging down from the inside "boogers" and the boys think that this is hilarious!! It's going to be a cold, snowy Halloween!!! I think Andrew will have to go as a SNOWSUIT, as his bee costume will not fit over top of his needed outdoor clothing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caleb, I really like your pumpkin and,yes your Mom's too! Joshua I know carving pumpkins is hard work. Andrew you make a great bumble bee. I hope you will all enjoy your evening out tomorow and remember Grandma and Grandpa B. will also put some treats away for you.

Unknown said...

I am loving the "boogers"! What do you use to carve them so nice? So you have some design or is off the top of you head? I am assuming that you have a pumpkin carving set? What ever it is.. I need to get me some of that! :-) Check out my "boring" pumpkin on our blog. I sure Hope you have a back up costume for Andrew! I think that Joker or clown out fit will be too big for him. Suppose to be -12 with windchill tonight. Happy Hallowe'en!