Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Learning

Natalee is 8 months old today! She has been rolling around our living room, strengthening her neck, back and arm muscles. I'm wondering if she'll be crawling before she sits! And this morning, I heard the unmistakable sound of teeth grinding. Yes, she's cut her third tooth. This one is on top, but not one of her two middle teeth.

Andrew is learning to say more words. He surprises me sometimes. The other day, he was asking where we were going, and I said "No, we're not going anywhere" and he said, "Say home?" Yes! One other time, I asked if he would share his treats with Natalee, and he said, "No, see-woll" (which is cereal - Natalee eats cereal!). There are so many new words he has learned this past little while, it is impossible to write them all down. I tried to upload a video of him, but I haven't quite figured it out yet.

Caleb is learning to read and print words. On Friday, he came home from school and I guess they had been talking about Remembrance Day because he was telling me about the war in Afghanistan, the capital of Canada was Ottawa, and the poppy he was making as a craft.

Joshua is desperately trying to keep pace with Caleb. Whatever Caleb spells out, Joshua will learn too. Sometimes, this makes Caleb upset; I think he wants to be the only one who can read and spell! Also, learning comes very easily to Joshua, and maybe it frustrates Caleb that what he works so hard to learn comes so naturally to his brother. The rivalry has just begun!

No comments: