Thursday, November 02, 2006

Counting Candy





Yesterday was spent counting candy and making charts. Joshua's chart, in green. Caleb's chart, in red - look closely, on the lower half of the entries, Caleb took over and did it all himself. It took him an hour to do it, but he didn't seem to mind. We worked together on the first half, and I got him to spell out the letters as I wrote the "candy description", then he counted the candy and colored in the appropriate number of boxes. After we had a disagreement, I decided it was better to leave him alone, but he had no problems finishing up on his own!

The picture of Andrew was taken when the older boys were watching a video and sitting in their chairs. Andrew sat in his chair and watched for a few seconds, but every time he saw the camera flash, he would look and smile. He is so funny - as soon as he sees me with the camera, he runs at me & smiles. I have some really nice pictures of him smiling over the last couple of days.

The other picture was one Joshua drew at church. If you're at all familiar with Veggie Tales, you might recognize "Larry Boy" - Larry the cucumber dressed up as a super hero. I thought it was a pretty good sketch!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of candy charts before. What is their purpose? Just to see how many cavities you'll be getting?!? Very cute costumes - I was once a pirate, but I think Caleb is a bit more believable!!

Anonymous said...

What a creative Mom! Making those charts is a great activity and also such a good learning experience. GREAT WORK CALEB and JOSHUA! Andrew we love your smile. What a happy , handsome boy you are. All the costumes look great!