Thursday, October 04, 2007

Fancy Drinks

Andrew has shown quite an interest in using markers lately. Fortunately, these ARE window markers that he is using to scribble with on the window. All three boys had a good time making a big mess on the window.
Caleb and Joshua had picture day at school on Wednesday. They both wanted to wear "button shirts". They were more than happy to smile nicely for me before they headed out the door that morning.
Very sad news from our home. We will no longer be seeing too many of these big, happy, gummy smiles from little Natalee. Why? She cut her first tooth!! So now her happy smiles (which are fewer these days) will soon no longer have just pretty pink gums, but also her little white teeth. I can't believe her teeth are already here!
Caleb went out with Mike on Saturday to Grapes for supper. While he was there, he saw a "fancy drink". So he's been requesting fancy drinks since then. He specified that there was to be an apple slide on the side with iced tea. Easy enough! Unbeknownst to him, I managed to get to MCC this morning and purchased two small wine glasses and "rimmed" them with just plain sugar. Added the iced tea, the apple slice garnish, a little green straw, and VOILA, a Fancy Drink! Yeah, I was the hero today!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a good idea with rimming the glass in sugar and an apple! Natalee cut a tooth! My kids didn't get teeth till 11 months plus. Boys looked sharp for pics. Kiernan had them on wed too. I didn't think about snapping a photo that am. I was scared about the window markers.. Let me know if they confuse real ones and draw on the window with them. I wasn't sure if my kids would know which was which.