Monday, October 08, 2007

Thanksgiving

I guess it's pretty obvious what I'm thankful for this Thanksgiving. In case you don't already know, left to right in this picture are Joshua, Natalee, Andrew, and Caleb.

Maybe instead I could imagine what each child is thankful for this year. Caleb has already told me that he is thankful for his family. He is also thankful for school and his friends, riding bike, learning to whistle, Casting Crowns music, his John Deere tractors, his new Bible, and "everything." I'm thankful that he is so fiercely loving towards his siblings.

Joshua is thankful for all the energy he has, that Jesus made the world, his brothers and sister, for having fun in Kindergarten, that he can be crazy and silly and laugh really hard, and that he can draw and colour. I'm thankful that he's a unique, fun boy, even when he's getting into trouble.

Andrew is probably thankful for his thumb that he sucks so much, parents that carry him, learning to talk, a baby sister who's smaller than him, big brother's who sometimes help him and play with him, food, his puppy, and his bed. I'm thankful that Andrew is surviving the toddler years without any major incidences.

Natalee is thankful for her family. She's thankful for her house and warm beds (yes, she has two beds), her baby food, her fingers that she can suck, her three big brothers who are very protective and loving, clean diapers, diaper cream, soft clean blankies to cuddle up with, and warm fuzzy pajamas. I'm thankful that she showers us with her beautiful, straight-from-the-heart smiles and reminds me of how simple love is. And that's enough thankfulness to brighten my day on this rainy, gray, cold Thanksgiving Monday!

No comments: