Thursday, June 05, 2008

It's Official, Baby #5 to Arrive in December

I can't believe that tiny little Natalee is going to be a big sister! More about little Natalee later...

I saw Midwife Janet today and a heartbeat was actually found! I was convinced it was just a lump of cells, some kind of odd mutation, that was making me feel sick, tired, and just plain grumpy and moody!! However, there was a very strong little heart beating at 160 bpm!! I'll try to post a short video of that after I upload it. My EDD is December 27, but if things follow the trend, it may be closer to the beginning of December that this baby arrives. Whenever he/she decides to come, it will definitely be a very memorable Christmas! I need a nap just thinking about that.

Natalee and Andrew were also in to see their Doctor today. Andrew managed to make it through without any full-blown hysterics. His problem was that he had to strip down to his diaper for the exam - not his idea of a good time, but between his thumb and his Mom, he survived.

Andrew has grown FOUR INCHES this past year! He is at the same height that Joshua was at this age, but weighs nearly five pounds more. I don't have Caleb's stats for this age. He is definitely going to be a big boy! His large feet really seem to indicate that, as well as his recent growth.

Meanwhile, Natalee has dropped off the charts! She is so small, apparently she does not register in any percentile. She has to go back in another three months for another weight check. Hopefully she will not be as sick as she has been these past three months so she can actually keep some weight on. I am not concerned; she eats well, her digestive system works well, and she's happy, content, and moving all over that house. She's also trying more sounds with her mouth each day. It's been so exciting to have such a young child who is interested in talking!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Congrats Mike and Angela!!