Monday, June 30, 2008

Sunday Trip

On Sunday, I was brave (crazy???) and decided to pack the four kids and my growing self into our van and head out to my old stomping grounds...way, way back when I probably wasn't even really stomping yet. My Dad's side of the family was holding a gathering of sorts, and I decided that even with Mike working, I wanted to be a part of it. We made it for lunch (after a 3 hour, 45 minute or there-about drive) and afterwards, took a school bus on a bit of a tour to where I remember my Grandpa & Grandma living before they retired into town. It was Andrew's first bus ride - and Natalee's too! - and he loved it! Above you might be able to see Joshua and Andrew on the bus.
And Andrew and Natalee on the bus, enjoying their freedom from car seats!
It was a quite a warm day, perfect for swimming, and a bunch of my cousins took their kids to the outdoor pool where I spent time learning to swim as a child. My cousin Jill was kind enough to take the older two boys into the big pool, while Andrew was forced to enjoy the wading pool, for a good half hour. They had a blast!
This is the "homestead" that was the destination of our bus trip. Unfortunately, the buildings were pushed down shortly before we got there - apparently they had been standing just a couple of months prior. One of my Uncle's even found a coffee cup that had been used by the family! These are some of my Dad's brothers and sisters standing in front of what used to be the old house.

No comments: