Friday, July 21, 2006

Adventurous Andrew



Andrew's been a little grumpy these last 2 days. He's only napping once a day, so that probably has something to do with it. His favourite activity is to climb up on the couches. Here he is gazing out the front window with a toy ketchup bottle in his mouth.

I'm going to be making homemade wasp traps today with 2L pop bottles. I did some research on the internet, and I think these wasps are yellow jackets, which tend to be fairly aggressive, more so when bothered and as there's less food for them. With Caleb be so terrified of wasps and me not a big fan either, I figure I better do what I can to try to minimize their presence in our yard. Caleb will scream & cry like a tortured child if he sees one! I mean, the whole neighbourhood can probably hear him. He is SO SCARED!!! Half the time, he's just screaming at a fly. He has never been stung yet, so I'm not sure why he is so afraid.

I, on the other hand, have been stung several times as a child, and each time, the swelling got a little worse, to the point where one time my eye nearly shut. Actually, maybe that happened to my Mom. She also had significant reactions to wasp stings. And it was usually my fault when she got stung. I remember one time when we were camping, my Mom & I went berry picking in the bush. I got bored, so I wandered off & ran into a wasps nest. Before I knew what was going on, I had been stung several times. I ran back towards my Mom and she also got stung a couple of times. It was not a pleasant experience!! It's a wonder my Mom ever took me berry picking again!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I absolutely LOVE this pic!!!

THis is one Anne Geddes would use in one of her's.. if she did older babies!

I'd frame it and put it on a wall.