Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Sleeping Genius


It's hard to believe that this thumb-sucking boy will soon be 4 years old. I'm sure someday he'll be very upset with me with the pictures I took of him sucking his thumb & sitting on the toilet, just to name a few humbling poses I've caught him in.

On Sunday, I was joking with Mike about coming up with a little monologue to teach Joshua; monologue, as in the sense of a comedic monologue. He already has down: "My mother is a genius, and I'm a little genius." Yes, I taught him that. But in my defense, it happened one weekend when Mike was gone, and I was struggling with Joshua's non-stop chatter, so I decided to teach him some useful information. And of course, he only repeats the TRUTH!! LOL! It is so much fun to talk with Joshua and hear the funny, crazy, and thoughtful things that come out of his little mouth. He has a heart of gold, and that will help to balance him out as he grows older. So when I have Joshua already to go with his little monologue, we'll be inviting you all down for his first performance!!

We're also coming to the conclusion that Joshua is a sleep walker. This comes as no big surprise to us, as both Mike & I were sleep walkers. We were both thumb-suckers too, for that matter! Last night (early in the morning when it was still dark), Joshua came into our room and told me, "I don't like sleeping!" I didn't say anything, because I just couldn't wake up enough to think, and then he just turned around and went to bed. We asked him this morning if he remembered doing that, and he didn't.

He also ended up in our bed Friday night & Saturday night. On Friday night, he ran into our room and said, "I hear monsters!!", jumped into our bed, closed his eyes, stuck his thumb in his mouth, and IMMEDIATELY he was asleep! And on Saturday night, I didn't even hear him jump into our bed! Guess Little Genius' brains get stimulated night & day!

No comments: