Saturday, July 08, 2006


This is such a great shot of Caleb - what he's doing is sticking his bum into the sprinkler - must feel good!!

Yesterday evening, we went to the Dollar Store to get some inflatable toys for the pool. Caleb picked a shark, Joshua picked a swimming ring, and I got a swimming ring for Andrew (who was at home, practicing his walking!!). We were paying for items and the girl (cashier) asked me if it was o.k. if the boys could carry their own toys. I said yes, that was fine, and Joshua must have smiled or something, because the 3 women behind the till were suddenly caught up in how cute the boys were. To the comment, "OOH, you boys are so cute!" Joshua replied, "We have Andrew at home." He said this twice, and the women were confused by what he was saying.

So I explained. That made them even more excited and then Joshua told them that Andrew is "our baby". They asked, "How old is he?" Joshua: "1 year old. He just had his birthday." More ooohs and aahhs followed. They asked how old Joshua was. Then I tried to get Joshua to show off his intelligence a little more (I think this is the problem - we prompt him to do these things!!), and so I asked Joshua to tell them when his birthday is. I think it's so cute when he says, "July FIRTY FIRST!" He could have stayed and talked to those adoring cashiers for quite some time, but Caleb had had enough (he stays out of the lime light when Joshua's doing his thing - he's learned that it's hard to steal the show from his brother), and was heading towards the door. And that was our evening adventure!!

No comments: