Sunday, July 09, 2006


Here we were yesterday at the wading pool playing with our new toys. It was amazing to watch the boys share their toys with the other kids at the wading pool!! I needed to talk to them and remind them that someone else had willingly shared their toys with them the previous day, but once the sharing started, there was no end!! How many times does that happen with children? And there were times (for minutes on end) where both of them were without any toy at all, and they were still able to enjoy themselves. I watched them negotiate sharing times and trades with the kids...definately a moment where I felt that maybe I HAD done something right!

You know, sometimes you wonder as a parent if what you're modeling and/or saying actually has an affect on your children. And that they're picking up on the positive, because the good Lord knows I'm not perfect and the children will see many flaws & short comings in me! I guess that being willing to admit you're not perfect and asking your kids to forgive you from time to time (which I have had to do) is a good start. May I be willing for God to continue to change me into the parent He wants me to be!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, what a great way to share yourboys with us !! Talk about good looking guys , little wonder once you see the grandparents!!!!

Anonymous said...

that one is from j & e v!!